2 servings of Quinoa (or favorite grain)
1 small onion, chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
1 small sweet potatoe, cubed
1 large carrot,chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup vegetable stock
1/2 small red pepper
1/2 small zucchini, chopped
1 14 oz can chickpeas(garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
1 tsp tumeric
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup raisins
1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
Prepare all vegetables, mix all of your spices (and salt) into a small dish and set aside, rinse and drain chickpeas.
1. In a medium pot, cook the quinoa,rice, or other grain accordingly.
2. While that is cooking, in a large rimmed skillet or large sauce pan(at least 3 QT) saute the onions on medium heat, in olive oil until translucent.
3. Add sweet potatoes, carrots, and garlic and saute for 2 minutes; stir occationally to avoid sticking.
4. Add the stock, red peppers, zucchini, chikpeas, dish of spices, stir well. Reduce heat, cover with lid.
5. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Check sweet potatoes for the best gauge.
6. Stir in the raisins and spinach, remove from heat and cover, and let sit for 5 minutes, until spinach is wilted down.
Makes 4 servings or about 6-8 side servings.
VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE
Great with tofu, though not necessary. I cook the tofu with garlic, olive oil and a little curry powder seperately.
I don't advise adding the tofu into the vegetable curry pan because the tofu will absorb all of the liquid and your dish will be lacking flavor.
Great with tofu
Rewritten from La Dolce Vegan! By Sarah Kramer