Super easy dessert or even breakfast!
1 can coconut milk (not lite)
1 cup pure pumpkin puree (or canned pumpkin)
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 real maple syrup
1 tbsp arrowroot
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 - 9x13 cake pan
6 lightly oiled ramekins
*pictured above and below are 1 cup Pyrex storage containers so you have lids at the end too!
1 large mixing bowl
2 cup Pyrex measuring cup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat eggs in a small bowl
3. Whisk together all liquid ingredients in large mixing bowl: coconut milk, pumpkin,eggs,vanilla and maple syrup
4. In Pyrex measuring cup mix all dry ingredients: Salt, ginger, nutmeg,cinnamon, and arrowroot and whisk into pumpkin mixture.
5. Divide batter evenly into 6 ramekins using the Pyrex measuring cup for easy pouring.
6. Add warm water to the cake pan until it reaches about half way up the sides of the ramekins.
7. Bake for 50 minutes or until the top of the custard is browned and firm.
8. Cool the dishes on a wire rack.
9. You can serve warm or refridgerate until ready to serve!
*Do not over cook! The top will become leathery.
*Great straight from the fridge for breakfast or dessert for lunch as well!
* Rewritten from Living Without Magazine
Vegetarian, Gluten- Free, Milk free